Your trusted partner for residential plumbing services.
With our decades of experience and unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction, we are here to meet all your plumbing needs with efficiency and expertise.
Join Our Team
L.J. Kruse Co. is an HVAC and plumbing company that has a wonderful team and a hardworking mindset. We’re looking for new technicians who are passionate about what they do and are willing to work in and around Berkeley, CA. Take a look below to see what jobs are available, then email us your resume at [email protected] or call our main office to apply.
We are always lookin for dynamic indivudals to join our team, please contact us if interested.
Job title: Estimator
Starting Pay: TBD based on experience and qualifications
Reports To: VP / COO
Date Revised: August 11, 2020
Who we are:
Well established UA plumbing and piping contractor seeks experienced full-time lead estimator. Founded in 1916, we are a 4th generation family owned and operated business working for general contractors, facility owners and home/business owners throughout the San Francisco bay area. We specialize in both new construction and tenant improvements projects in the areas of health care, OSHPD, laboratory, office, and industrial projects. We do plan and spec work along with design assist and full design build projects working with select EOR’s.
• Develop an understanding of L.J. Kruse estimating systems, forms and procedures,
including use of and implementing Quote Soft estimating system.
• Develop complete plumbing and piping estimates for plan/spec, design assist and design build projects.
• Ability to conceptually develop budget estimates from project narratives and architectural floor plans.
• Review all drawings, specifications, attend pre-bid job walks/meetings in order to
determine an accurate and complete scope of work.
• Perform complete take-off of plumbing systems for plan/spec and design assist/build projects using both paper plans/specs and Quote Soft on screen take off system.
• Develop and provide complete, accurate and detailed estimates for review by L.J. Kruse ownership before submitting project scope/bid. This includes all material & labor costs, subcontract requirements, associated general conditions, logistical considerations, and any other pertinent aspects of the project.
• Ability to apply labor factors to specialty items and/or site-specific conditions.
• Coordinate scope with vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors for accurate quotes.
• Develop cost proposals to support each project specific RFP language.
• Write detailed project specific bid scope letter to represent LJ Kruse Co and complete all required bid forms including any/all breakouts and alternates as requested.
• Perform time studies of completed projects as necessary to update estimating programs.
• Ability to develop footage and/or fixture budgets & proposals.
• Follow-up with clients and track estimated projects.
• Update & maintain bid log.
• Maintain rough material pricing database with minimum quarterly updates.
Skills and Experience:
• 10+yrs experience and knowledge in plumbing estimating.
• Experience with HVAC wet-side and specialty piping systems.
• Experience with Quote Soft estimating software systems a plus.
• Ability to read architectural, structural and mechanical/plumbing plans.
• Must be familiar with plumbing/piping systems and terminology.
• Above average skills in Microsoft Office and excel products.
• Certified in plumbing design and/or engineering degree a plus.
• Ability to organize and estimate multiple projects at the same time.
• Possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Takes pride in ones work and be professional.
• Be self-motivated, set goals and meet project deadlines.
• Have strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a close-knit office/team environment.
• Project a positive image of herself/himself and L.J. Kruse Co.
• Valid driver license for attending job walks and meetings.
• Extensive desk work.
• Occasional off-site functions, including job walks and project meetings.
• Occasional trade shows and MCAA organized events.
• We strongly encourage and support continued education.
An opportunity to work in an exciting and fun industry and in a company culture that celebrates diversity and recognizes and values their employee abilities and rewards their hard work. We offer health and dental for our employees and an industry leading 401K plan.
The Company reserves the right to change Job Descriptions at any time upon reasonable notice to the employee