7 Warning Signs That Your Toilet Is past Its Prime
The toilet is one of the most critical fixtures in any home and an essential part of our daily routine. It is the most used plumbing fixture in the house, so it is important to ensure it is always in good condition.
However, like any other appliance, it will eventually wear out and must be replaced. In this article, we will explore the seven warning signs that your toilet is past its prime and needs to be replaced.
- Leaking Among the most telling signs that your toilet needs to be replaced is if it is leaking. If you notice water around the base of your toilet or on the floor, it could signify that the wax seal has worn out and needs to be replaced. A leaky toilet can cause water damage to your bathroom floor and walls, which can be expensive to repair.
- Frequent Clogging If your toilet is frequently getting clogged, it could be a sign that it is past its prime. Older toilets have smaller trap ways, which can easily get clogged with waste. If you have tried using a plunger or a drain snake and the clog persists, it may be time to have a plumbing service replace your toilet.
- Cracks If you notice any cracks in your toilet bowl or tank, it is a sign that your toilet needs to be replaced. Cracks can lead to leaks, resulting in water damage in your bathroom. Additionally, bacteria can grow in the cracks, which can be a health hazard.
- Constant Running If your toilet is constantly running, it could be a sign that the flapper valve is worn out and needs to be replaced. However, if you have replaced the flapper valve and the toilet is still running, it could be a sign that it is past its prime and needs to be replaced by a reputable plumbing service.
- Wobbling If your toilet is wobbling or rocking when you sit on it, it could be a sign that the bolts holding it to the floor have loosened. However, if you have tightened the bolts and the toilet is still wobbling, it could be a sign that the toilet is no longer securely fastened to the floor and needs replacing.
- Age If your toilet is over 15 years old, it may be time to replace it, even if it does not show any signs of wear and tear. Older toilets are less efficient and can waste a lot of water. Modern toilets are designed to use less water, saving you money on your water bill.
- Foul Odor If you notice an offensive odor from your toilet, it could be a sign that the wax seal has worn out and needs to be replaced. The wax seal fastens the toilet to the drainpipe and prevents sewer gas from entering your home. A worn-out wax seal can cause a foul odor to enter your bathroom, which can be unpleasant.
Your toilet is a crucial part of your home, and it is important to ensure it is always in good condition. If you notice any warning signs, it may be time to replace your toilet. Investing in a new toilet can save money on your water bill and prevent costly damage to your home. If you need help with plumbing design services, speak with a professional plumber who can help you land on the right toilet for your home.
Looking for reliable plumbing services in Berkeley? Look no further than L.J. Kruse Co.! Contact us today to schedule an appointment and let us take care of all your plumbing needs. From toilet replacements to plumbing design services, we’ve got you covered. Don’t wait, call now!
Leave a Comment